Recipe & picture courtesy of My Recipes
Makes 4 servings
- 2 (3 1/2-ounce) bags boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1 pound boneless center-cut loin pork chops, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger, divided
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Cook rice according to package directions; omit salt. Drain well; set aside.
- While rice cooks, toss pork with 1/2 teaspoon garlic and 1/2 teaspoon ginger. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; sauté 3 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat; add 1 teaspoon garlic and 1/2 teaspoon ginger; sauté 30 seconds. Add rice, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and vinegar; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in pork; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
**Personal Review: This was very simple to make – it tasted pretty good too – although I think I will add a scrambled egg, onions and other “goodies” to this the next time I make it.**
Recipe & picture courtesy of Better’n Eggs
Time-To-Table Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 4 – 6
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon Crystal Farms® butter or margarine
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Better’n Eggs®
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 pound cooked small shrimp (cocktail size), thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili sauce with garlic*
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add Better’n Eggs®. As Better’n Eggs® start to set use spatula to lift edge of cooked Better’n Eggs® letting uncooked Better’n Eggs® flow to bottom of skillet. Cook until Better’n Eggs® are set but still moist. Slide out onto large dinner plate. Cut Better’n Eggs® into long strips; cover to keep warm.
- Add red pepper, mushrooms and green onion to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp tender (3 to 5 minutes). Add shrimp and cooked white rice. Cook until shrimp and rice are heated through.
- In small bowl combine soy sauce, sesame oil and chili sauce; mix well. Pour into rice mixture. Add Better’n Eggs® strips. Cook, stirring gently, until heated.
*Note: Chili sauce with garlic can be found in the Oriental food section of your grocery store.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**