Recipe & picture courtesy of Rachael Ray
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound thin egg noodles (fideos), broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 pound medium shrimp-peeled,deveined and chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (a couple of generous handfuls)
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the noodles and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, 4 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat until rippling. Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the scallions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Add the parsley, sherry, soy sauce and a little hot sauce. Stir in the reserved pasta cooking water. Top with the nuts.
**Personal Review: YUM! This was sooo easy to make and it tasted wonderful! I used angel hair pasta instead of the fideos – I could find them. It was gobbled up quickly!**