Recipe & picture courtesy of Rachael Ray
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 8 slices bread
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2/3 cup grape jam or jelly
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter on each bread slice. Divide the chocolate chips among 4 slices; top with the remaining bread slices, peanut butter side down, to make 4 sandwiches.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Soak each sandwich in the egg mixture until saturated, about 5 seconds. Transfer the sandwiches to a large platter in a single layer.
- In a small saucepan, cook the jam and 3 tablespoons water over low heat, stirring occasionally, until warm and smooth.
- In a large skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add half of the sandwiches and cook until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining butter and sandwiches. Slice and serve with the whipped cream and jam syrup.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**