Recipe & picture courtesy of Family Time
Serves: 4 to 6
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 17 to 20 minutes
- One 1 1/2- to 2-pound beef flank steak
- 1 cup prepared, commercial teriyaki marinade
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Pepper, (as desired)
- In a medium shallow container, whisk together the teriyaki marinade, onion, honey, rosemary, sesame oil, and garlic. Season to taste with pepper. Remove and reserve 3/4 cup for basting.
- With sharp knife, lightly score both sides of the beef steak in a crisscross pattern. Put the steak in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, turning once, and for up to 8 hours.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill so that the coals are medium-hot.
- Lift the steak from the marinade and scrape off as much of the marinade as possible. Discard the marinade.
- Grill the steak, uncovered, for 17 to 20 minutes for medium-rare to medium. Turn the steak once during grilling and baste occasionally with the reserved 3/4 cup of marinade.
- Transfer any marinade leftover from basting to a small saucepan and set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, carve steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices and arrange on a platter. Spoon the hot marinade over the beef and serve.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**