Recipe & picture courtesy of Rachael Ray
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 hr
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- Two 28-ounce cans pork and beans
- One 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- 2 cups chopped burnt ends from chopped ham
- In a large pot, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar, ketchup, pickle juice and dry mustard and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the pork and beans, pinto beans and burnt ends; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 10 minutes.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**