Recipe & picture courtesy of Better Homes & Gardens
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 6 oz. dry elbow macaroni
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 2 to 4 oz. blue cheese, crumbled (cream cheese can be substituted)
- 1 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, turning once. Drain bacon on paper towels; crumble. Reserve bacon drippings in skillet.
- Cook onion in reserved bacon drippings for 5 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender and golden brown. Set aside.
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions. Drain and place in a 1-1/2-quart casserole. Add the crumbled bacon, onions, 1-1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, the blue cheese, half-and half, and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Stir gently. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for 10 minutes more or until top of casserole is brown and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**