Recipe & picture courtesy of Rachael Ray
Prep Time: 20 min (plus freezing)
Cook Time: 15 min
- 2 cups vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel, plus 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel, plus 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Shredded coconut, toasted
- Line a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing a 4-inch overhang on all sides. In a small bowl, stir together the wafers, butter and salt; press evenly into the bottom of the pan and freeze.
- In a double boiler, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar and cook, whisking, until the sugar has dissolved, about 3 minutes. Slowly whisk in the citrus peel and juice over low heat until the mixture has thickened, 10 to 12 minutes; let cool for 10 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream until soft peaks form. Fold into the custard. Pour the filling over the crust. Fold the plastic wrap over the cake and freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- To serve, run a wet knife around the sides of the pan and invert onto a platter, discarding the plastic wrap. Sprinkle with the coconut.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**