Recipe & picture courtesy of Family Circle
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 22 minutes total
- 1 eggplant, about 1-1/2 pounds
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) fire roasted whole tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound mini rigatoni pasta
- 1 cup smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Trim eggplant and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. In a large skillet, cook eggplant and garlic in oil for 7 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes and break up with a wooden spoon. Add oregano, salt and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pasta following package directions. Drain and reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Toss drained pasta with sauce. Add reserved pasta water, in 1/4 cup increments until desired consistency.
- Stir in cheese and allow to melt slightly and serve.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**