Recipe & picture courtesy of Family Circle
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Chill: 3 hours
Cook: 8 minutes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups assorted fresh raspberries, blackberries, marionberries and boysenberries
- 8 almond or pirouette cookies to garnish (optional)
- Combine sugar, 1/4 cup water and the egg yolks in a medium-size metal bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water (be sure bottom of bowl is not touching water).
- Beat yolk mixture with hand mixer set on medium-high about 5 minutes or until mixture registers 140 degree F on an instant-read thermometer. Continue cooking for 3 minutes, beating constantly.
- Remove bowl from over water. Add warm, melted white chocolate and vanilla. Beat about 5 minutes, until cool.
- Beat heavy cream in a large bowl to stiff peaks. Gently mix 1/4 of the whipped cream into cooled white chocolate mixture. Fold white chocolate mixture into remaining whipped cream until no streaks remain. Cover and cool in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- To serve: Alternate layers of mousse and berries in glasses or bowls, a scant 2/3 cup mousse per serving. Garnish with an almond or pirouette cookie, if desired.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**