Recipe courtesy of National Geographic Kids
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of ground cloves
- graham cracker pie crust
- Let the ice cream soften
- Mix together the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg and cloves.
- Stir in the ice cream.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the crust.
- Cover and freeze for four hours or until firm.
**Personal Review: Awesome, a friend of mine made this with her daughter when I first tried it. I asked for the recipe and cannot wait to make this on my own. I love it!**
Recipe from USA Weekend
Makes 3 mini loaves or 1 9-inch loaf
- Half a 15 oz can 100% pure pumpkin (1 cup minus 1 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp gorund cloves
- 3/4 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350°.
- Heat pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a small saucepan over medium heat until steamy. Stirring continuously, cook until pumpkin is stiff and starts to stick to the pan bottom, about 3 minutes.
- Transfter to a medium bowl; whisk in 3/4 cup water, then brown sugar, then oil, then eggs until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients, then fold into the pumpkin mixture until just combined. Scrap batter into 3 greased miniature disposable loaf pans (or 1 9″ pan). Bake until firm and golden brown, about 50 minutes for miniature loaves and about 70 minutes for a large loaf.
- Let bread stand for a few minutes. Turn onto a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Slice and serve. recipe doubles easily and freezes well.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**