Recipe & picture courtesy of Rachael Ray
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 large yellow-fleshed potatoes, such as Yukon gold (about 1 pound total), peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 zucchini (about 1 pound total), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- One 32-ounce container (4 cups) chicken broth
- Two 1/4-inch-thick slices cooked ham (about 8 ounces), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pumpernickel bread, for serving
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly golden, about 8 minutes. Add the potatoes and zucchini and season with salt. Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil; cover, lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Using a blender, partially puree the soup, leaving some chunks. Stir in the ham, dill and nutmeg and serve with the bread.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**