Recipe & picture courtesy of My Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1 small)
- 8 ounces extralean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (19-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) can low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer (such as Budweiser)
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Cook 5 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in chili powder, cumin, sugar, and salt; cook 1 minute.
- Add oregano and next 4 ingredients (through beer) to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in cornmeal; cook 5 minutes. Stir in juice.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**