Recipe & picture courtesy of Better Homes & Gardens
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 8 minutes
- 8 slices thick-cut multigrain, whole wheat, poppy seed, white, or pumpernickel bread
- Margarine or butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 4 ounces provolone and/or cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a 7-ounce jar roasted red sweet peppers, well drained
- 1/2 of a small pear or apple, thinly sliced, or 2 canned pineapple rings, well drained and patted dry
- 4 ounces thinly sliced cooked ham or prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- Fresh fruit, such as sliced pears and apples, pineapple wedges, or grapes (optional)
- Spread one side of each bread slice with margarine or butter. Place four bread slices, buttered sides down, on griddle. Spread mayonnaise on the four slices on the griddle. Top with provolone cheese. Top two of the bread slices with red sweet peppers and two with slices of fruit. Top all four with ham or prosciutto.
- Cut up large pieces of chutney; spread the unbuttered sides of four remaining bread slices with chutney. Place over bread slices on griddle, buttered sides up.
- Cook sandwiches over medium heat about 4 minutes each side or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, turning once halfway through cooking. Serve with additional fruit slices, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**