Recipe from Ladies’ Home Journal
Prep: 15 min
Start to Finish: 1 hr 15 min
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 can (14.5 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chopped tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 skirt steaks (1-1/2 lbs total)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 package (1 lb) fettuccine
- 3/4 cup purchased pesto
- For marinade, in a large, shallow glass dish, combine tomatoes, garlic, vinegar and pepper flakes. Rinse steaks and pat dry; add to marinade, turning to coat all sides. Cover and marinate at room temperature 30 min (or refrigerate up to 5 hrs).
- Heat broiler and place rack 4 inches from heat. Cover a rimmed baking sheet or broiler pan with foil. Transfer steak and marinade to baking sheet and sprinkle with 1 tsp salt. Broil, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 145 degrees F for medium, 10 to 14 min. Remove from broiler and let stand 5 min before cutting into 1/2-inch-thick slices; reserve cooked marinade.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with pesto and remaining 1 tsp salt.
- Transfer steak to a platter; top with half the cooked sauce. Serve with pasta and remaining sauce.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**