Recipe & picture courtesy of Good Housekeeping
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 1 cup(s) half-and-half or light cream
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 pound(s) (3 medium) Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 ounce(s) Gruyère cheese, shredded (3/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease shallow 4-cup baking dish or 9-inch glass pie plate. Set aside.
- In 3-quart saucepan, combine half-and-half, ground red pepper, and salt; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until half-and-half mixture thickens slightly, stirring gently with heat-safe spatula.
- Transfer half of potato mixture to prepared gratin dish; sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup Gruyère. Top with remaining potato mixture and remaining Gruyère.
- Bake gratin 35 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender and top is golden and bubbly.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**