Recipe courtesy of Ladies’ Home Journal
Prep: 15 min
Start to Finish: 1 hr 15 min
Makes 12 popovers
For Maple-Spiced Butter:
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
For Apple Popovers:
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter (5 tbsp melted)
- 1 small tart apple, cored and cut into 1/8-to 1/4-inch dice
Make Maple-Spiced Butter:
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice until smooth; set aside.
Make Apple Popovers:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. In a blender combine milk, eggs and 5 tbsp melted butter. Blend on medium-high speed 20 seconds. Whisk into flour mixture until just combined. Let stand at room temperature 30 min.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 450 degrees F and place rack in lower third. Cut remaining 2 tbsp butter into 12 pieces and divide among cups of a 12-cup popover pan. Place 1 tbsp apple into each cup. Just before baking, transfer pan to oven and heat until butter is melted and pan is hot, about 1 min.
- Carefully remove pan from oven and evenly pour batter over apples. Immediately return pan to oven. Bake 15 min (do not open oven). Reduce oven to 375 degrees F and bake until popovers are crisp and browned, 18 to 20 min more.
- Turn out popovers onto a wire rack and let cool 2 to 3 min. Serve hot with Maple-Spiced Butter.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**