Recipe & picture courtesy of Kraft Foods
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 35 min
Makes: 6 servings, 1 cup each
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 3/4 cup BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick ‘N Chunky Salsa
- Heat oven to 400°F. Prepare Dinner as directed on package. While Macaroni is cooking, cook meat with taco seasoning as directed on package.
- Stir sour cream into prepared Dinner; spoon 1/2 into 8-inch square baking dish. Top with layers of meat mixture, 1 cup cheese and remaining Dinner mixture; cover with foil.
- Bake 15 min.; top with salsa and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
**For extra crunch, prepare and bake as directed, topping with 1/2 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips along with the salsa and cheese.
**Personal Review: Really easy to make – I added chopped onions while cooking the meat mixture. I also added the chips on top as well. It tasted awesome.**