Recipe & picture courtesy of Kraft Foods
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 45 min
Makes: 4 servings, one packet each
- 1-1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 Tbsp. TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 1 each: green and red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick ‘N Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Taco Cheese
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Fold up all sides of each of four 18×12-inch sheets of heavy-duty foil to form 1-inch rim; spray foil with cooking spray. Combine rice, water and taco seasoning; spoon evenly onto centers of foil. Top evenly with remaining ingredients.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place in 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 min. or until chicken is cooked through (165ºF). Let stand 5 min. Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packets.
**Personal Review: This was very easy to make – but I would suggest seasoning the chicken in something before putting the packets together. I think this could be an awesome dish with a seasoned chicken breast vs. a plain one. But it did taste good.**