Recipe & picture courtesy of Rachael Ray
Prep Time: 20 min
Bake Time: 45 min
- One 16-ounce jar fire-roasted red peppers drained, split and seeded
- 12 ounces shredded Mexican cheese blend (3 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- One 16-ounce jar chunky salsa
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Grease a 10-inch pie plate lightly with olive oil and line with the red peppers. Scatter 1 cup cheese on top.
- In a large bowl, mix 1 cup cheese, the beef, 3/4 cup of the salsa, the bread crumbs, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper until just combined. Press into the pepper-and-cheese-lined pie plate. Spread the remaining salsa over the top. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Scatter the remaining 1 cup cheese on top and bake for 10 minutes longer. Let cool for about 15 minutes before slicing.
**Personal Review: Eh – this needed more flavor – I wasn’t too impressed. Next time I will add more seasonings.**