Recipe & picture courtesy of Family Circle
Makes: 36 mini cupcakes
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: at 350 degree F for 15 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 chocolate and creme sandwich cookies (such as Oreos), broken up
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crushed sandwich cookies, optional
- Heat oven to 350°. Line 36 indents of mini muffin pans (using 3 pans total) with paper or foil liners. If you have only one or two pans, bake batter in batches.
- In small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. In large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Beat in sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- On low speed, alternately beat flour mixture and sour cream into butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Add milk and vanilla; fold in cookie pieces. Divide batter among prepared cups; for ease, place batter in a resealable plastic bag, snip off a corner and pipe into cups.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, until tops spring back when lightly pressed. Remove cupcakes to a rack; let cool.
- Frosting: In bowl, beat sugar, butter, sour cream and vanilla until good spreading consistency.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, spread with frosting, about 2 teaspoons for each. Top with cookie crumbs, if desired.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**