Recipe & picture courtesy of Family Circle
Makes: 4 servings
Cook: 10 minutes; saute 8 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
- 1/2 pound whole-wheat bowtie pasta
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup jarred basil pesto
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Cook pasta following package directions, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- While pasta is cooking, season scallops with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté 3 to 4 minutes per side, until cooked through and no longer translucent.
- Add the pesto to drained pasta. Stir in some of the reserved cooking liquid until pasta is evenly coated with pesto.
- Stir in the cheese and the toasted walnuts. Serve with the scallops, and garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**