Recipe courtesy of Family Circle
Makes: 10 enchiladas
Cook: 10 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 23 minutes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small dice
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles, drained
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 10 fajita-size flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken and cook 5 more minutes. Stir in chiles, cream cheese and salt. Turn off heat and stir until smooth.
- Place oil in a small skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Place a tortilla in the oil and cook for a few seconds until tortilla becomes limp. Remove to a paper towel lined tray and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the filling down the center of each tortilla. Roll and set seam side down in baking dish. Pour half-and-half evenly over the top and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 23 minutes or until top is golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**