Recipe & picture courtesy of Family Circle
Makes: 8 servings
Cook: 9 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 42 minutes
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 of a small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 large eggs
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 10-inch pie plate with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned. Remove from skillet and dice.
- Add the oil to the same skillet. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes or until onion is softened. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, egg whites, milk, flour, dill, salt, and pepper and whisk until smooth. Stir in the diced bacon and mozzarella and pour into prepared pie plate. Top with the tomato slices. Sprinkle tomatoes with the Parmesan.
- Bake for 42 minutes or until top is golden and a knife inserted in center comes out clean; let stand 5 minutes.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**