Recipe & picture courtesy of Better Homes & Gardens
Prep: 30 Min.
Marinate: 30 Min.
Grill: 10 Min.
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp. granulated onion
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt or salt
- 3 lb. beef top sirloin steak, about 1-inch thick
- 1 medium ripe avocado, seeded, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless (English) cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. kosher salt or salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- In large bowl combine oil, granulated garlic and onion, oregano, pepper, and the 1/2 teaspoon salt; set aside. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat in 1-inch cubes. Add meat to oil mixture; toss to coat evenly. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for Avocado Sauce, in food processor combine avocado, cucumber, mint, sour cream, lime juice, 1 tablespoon water, the 1 teaspoon salt, and cumin. Cover and process until nearly smooth, stopping to scrape sides as necessary. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Thread meat on skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. For charcoal grill, place steaks on rack directly over medium coals. Cover and grill 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F), turning to brown evenly. (For gas grill, preheat grill. Grill as directed above.)
Test Kitchen Tip: Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes before using.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**