Recipe & picture courtesy of My Recipes
- 1 cup uncooked penne (tube-shaped pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups (1-inch) sliced asparagus (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, onion, garlic, and shrimp; sauté for 5 minutes. Add oregano, pepper, and tomatoes; cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in cooked pasta; sprinkle with cheese.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**