Recipe & picture courtesy of Rachael Ray
- 2 pounds small red-skinned or yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- A few sprigs thyme
- One 3-inch piece lemon peel
- Four 6-ounce salmon fillets, skinned
- 4 slices black-pepper bacon
- 1 head broccoli, cut into spears
- One 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tamari (dark soy sauce)
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 450°. In a large saucepan, add the potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, salt the water and cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain; return to the pot.
- While the potatoes are working, in a saucepan, combine the chicken broth, cream, thyme sprigs and lemon peel and steep over medium-low heat. Pour over the drained potatoes and mash together; season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper, then wrap each fillet with the bacon. Arrange the fish on a broiler pan and roast until the bacon is almost crisp and the fish is almost firm, about 12 minutes.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together the broccoli, ginger, garlic, EVOO and crushed red pepper; season with salt. Roast in the lower third of the oven until tender, about 12 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring the maple syrup and tamari to a boil. Baste the salmon liberally with the glaze and cook for 1 minute more. Serve with the mashed potatoes and broccoli.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**