Recipe & picture courtesy of Kraft Foods
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 43 min
Makes: 4 servings
- 1-1/2 cups multigrain penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) fresh spinach leaves
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 jar (14-1/2 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 oz. (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Cook pasta as directed on package, adding spinach to the boiling water for the last 1 min.
- Cook and stir chicken and basil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 3 min. Add spaghetti sauce and tomatoes; bring to boil. Simmer 3 min. or until chicken is done. Stir in Neufchatel cheese.
- Drain pasta mixture; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Spoon into 2-qt. or 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake 20 min. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 3 min.
**Personal Review: Really easy to make and it tasted wonderful! Depending on the spaghetti sauce you’re using I would chop up some onions and add it to the mix.**
Recipe & picture courtesy of Parents
Makes: 6 servings
Cook: 8 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Broil: 14 minutes
Freeze: at 450 degrees F for 5 minutes
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 2 medium-size onions, sliced
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1-1/2 pound flank steak
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 jar (16 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 cup chipotle-flavored cheddar cheese
- baked French fries, for serving, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers and onions in olive oil over medium-high heat for 8 minutes. Season with chili powder. Season flank steak with salt and pepper. Broil 5 to 7 minutes per side or until internal temperature registers 145 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Slice and place in a baking dish. Heat 1 cup of the marinara sauce. Spoon pepper mixture and heated sauce over the top. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the peppers and bake at 450 degrees F for 5 minutes. Serve with fries if desired and the remaining marinara sauce.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**
Recipe & picture courtesy of Good Housekeeping
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 lb total), cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 package (26 oz) frozen large cheese ravioli
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 oz lean ground beef (90% fat free)
- 1 jar (26 oz) tomato-basil sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with paper towels. Grease 1 quart ceramic baking dish.
- Heat large covered saucepot of water to boiling over high heat. Add zucchini and cook 5 minutes. With tongs or slotted spoon, remove zucchini to prepared cookie sheet to drain. Return water to boiling. Add ravioli and cook until ravioli rise to the top.
- Meanwhile, in 3 qt saucepan, heat 2 tsp oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook 8-10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned; transfer to small bowl. In same saucepan, in remaining 1 tsp oil, cook beef over medium high heat 3-4 minutes or until browned, breaking up beef with side of spoon. Stir in tomato sauce and onion; heat to boiling.
- Drain ravioli; return to saucepot. Add meat sauce to ravioli in saucepot and stir until combined.
- In prepared baking dish, arrange half of zucchini; top with half of ravioli, then half of mozzarella and half of Parmesan. Repeat layering all ingredients. Bake 20 minutes or until hot in the center and golden and bubbly on top.
**Personal Review: This is one of my favorite recipes – it’s really simple to make and it tastes wonderful. It’s a big hit with everyone.**
Recipe & picture courtesy of Ragu
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 8 oz.)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 medium red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (1 lb. 10 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Meat Pasta Sauce
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach leaves
- 1 box jumbo shells pasta (about 24 shells), cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 350°. In medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella and parmesan cheese; set aside.
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook onion, zucchini, carrot and red pepper, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in Meat Sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in spinach. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, evenly stuff shells with cheese mixture. In 13 x 9-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, arrange shells. Pour sauce mixture over shells. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**
Recipe & picture courtesy of Better Homes & Gardens
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 50 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups red pasta sauce, such as portobello mushroom or garden vegetable
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1/2 of a 15-oz.container ricotta cheese
- 6 oz. goat cheese or shredded mozarella cheese ( 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. Chianti or other red wine (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup roasted red sweet peppers, drained well and cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 2-quart square baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon 1/3 cup of the sauce in the dish. Top with 2 lasagna noodles. In a small bowl stir together the ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the goat cheese, and, if desired, the Chianti. Spoon half the mixture over the noodles in the dish. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Top with half the red pepper strips. Spoon half the remaining sauce on the pepper layer.
- Top with 2 more noodles, the remaining ricotta mixture, and remaining peppers. Add 2 more noodles and the remaining sauce. Dot top with remaining goat cheese and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 50 minutes. Let stand, covered, on a wire rack for 20 minutes before serving.
**Personal Review: Let’s just say I have never seen grown men inhale food as quickly as I did when I made this. It tasted wonderful! I browned some ground beef along with some onions, mixed the meat and onions in with the pasta sauce and layered as instructed.**