Recipe & picture courtesy of Family Time
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup lightly packed flat leaf parsley, with thick stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 tablespoons Grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the walnuts, parsley, garlic, Parmesan, oil, salt, and pepper to a coarse puree.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the tortellini until just done, about 4 minutes for fresh and 12 minutes for frozen. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Drain the tortellini. Toss with 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water, the walnut pesto, and the butter. If the pasta seems dry, add more of the reserved pasta water. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan and pass more at the table.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**