Recipe source unknown
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs. venison round steak
- 2 green peppers, cut in 1/4″ slices
- 2 medium stalks celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms (or 4 oz. can drained)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups beef broth or beef bouillon
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown gravy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1/3 cup cold water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut venison into very thin slices crossgrain while still partially frozen (this makes it easier to slice thinly).
- Saute until browned the venison, peppers, celery, onions, garlic and mushrooms in butter. Add beef broth, soy sauce, salt and pepper and simmer covered for about half and hour until the meat and vegetables are tender.
- Thicken broth with the cornstarch mixture. Blend in brown gravy sauce. Serve over hot noodles or rice.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**