Recipe & picture courtesy of Bon Appétit
Prep: 20 minutes
Total: 6 hours 20 minutes (includes freezing time)
An incredible frozen treat that doesn’t require an ice cream maker. Serve with crisp butter cookies.
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup chilled whipping cream, divided
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 3 cups mixed berries (such as blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries)
- Whisk yolks, 1/4 cup cream, and syrup in medium metal bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water). Whisk constantly until candy thermometer registers 175°F, about 3 minutes. Remove bowl from over water. Using electric mixer, beat mixture until cool and thick, about 3 minutes.
- Whip remaining 1/2 cup cream and maple extract in large bowl to soft peaks. Fold whipped cream into yolk mixture. Cover and freeze maple cream until firm, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Whisk jam in medium bowl to loosen. Add berries; toss to coat and let stand 15 minutes. Spoon berry mixture into dishes; top with maple cream.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**