Recipe & picture courtesy of Betty Crocker
Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish: 4 hr 15 min
- 1 box Betty Crocker® white angel food cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups cold water
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 box (8-serving size) sugar-free raspberry-flavored gelatin
- 2 packages (10 oz each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 3 containers (6 oz each) Yoplait® Original red raspberry yogurt
- Move oven rack to lowest position (remove other racks). Heat oven to 350°F.
- In extra-large glass or metal bowl, beat cake mix and cold water on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 10-inch angel food (tube) cake pan. Do not use fluted tube cake pan or 9-inch angel food (tube) cake pan, or batter will overflow.
- Bake 37 to 47 minutes or until top is dark golden brown and cracks feel very dry and not sticky. Do not underbake.
- Immediately turn pan upside down onto glass bottle until cake is completely cool, about 1 hour. Run knife around edges; remove from pan. Tear cake into about 3/4-inch pieces.
- Pour boiling water on gelatin in large bowl; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add raspberries. (If desired, remove several raspberries and reserve for garnish.) Refrigerate gelatin mixture about 15 minutes or until thickened but not set.
- Layer half each of the cake pieces, gelatin mixture and yogurt in 3-quart glass bowl; repeat. Garnish with reserved raspberries. Refrigerate at least 2 hours until firm. Cover and refrigerate any remaining dessert.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) Heat oven to 325ºF. Stir 1/3 cup cornstarch into dry cake mix. Increase water to 1 1/3 cups. Beat on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 3 minutes. Bake 53 to 58 minutes.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**