Recipe & picture courtesy of Better Homes & Gardens
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 40 minutes
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen medium shrimp in shells
- 8 oz. dried elbow macaroni (2 cups)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1-1/4 cups shredded fontina cheese (5 oz.)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Fresh basil leaves
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Peel and devein shrimp, removing tails. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Chop shrimp and set aside.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- In large bowl stir together eggs, butter, half-and-half, 1 cup of the fontina cheese, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, garlic, pine nuts, chopped basil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir in shrimp and macaroni. Transfer to buttered 2-quart casserole. Top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through and shrimp pieces are opaque. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Top with fresh basil leaves.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**