Recipe & picture courtesy of Good Housekeeping
Yield 12 muffins
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 23 minutes
- 2 cup(s) old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup(s) (1 to 2 medium) shredded Golden Delicious or Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup(s) walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 12 standard muffin-pan cups. In large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon.
- In medium bowl, with fork, beat buttermilk, oil, and egg until well blended; stir in shredded apples. Add apple mixture to flour mixture, and stir just until flour mixture is moistened (batter will be very thick and lumpy). Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin-pan cups. Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until muffins begin to brown and toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean. Immediately remove muffins from pan. Serve warm, or cool on wire rack to serve later.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**