Recipe & picture courtesy of Rachael Ray
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Two 28-ounce cans wholefire-roasted tomatoes
- One 14.5-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter, softened
- 36 slices rye cocktail bread
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- One 6-ounce block cheddar cheese, cut into 2-inch squares
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and thyme and cook for 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes, chicken broth and chipotle; lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a blender, puree the soup.
- Butter 1 side of each bread slice. Spread the unbuttered side of 18 slices with mustard; top with a slice of cheese and the remaining bread slices, buttered side up. In a nonstick skillet or griddle, grill the sandwiches over medium heat until the cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve with the soup.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**