Recipe & picture courtesy of Rachael Ray
Prep Time: 15 min
Bake Time: 15 min
- 1/4 baguette, cut into small cubes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut crosswise into 12 slices
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced ham, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 scallions, white and green portions thinly sliced and separated
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 pound plum tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and fill each cup halfway with bread cubes. Top each with a cream cheese slice.
- In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the ham, scallion whites and a pinch of pepper. Cook, stirring, until the scallions are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the half-and-half and bring just to a simmer before removing from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and thyme, then whisk in the warm half-and-half mixture. Fill the muffin cups with the egg mixture and bake until puffed and golden around the edges, about 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then run a knife around the edges and invert onto a cooling rack.
- Drizzle the tomato slices with olive oil, top with the scallion greens and season with salt and pepper. Serve with the mini casseroles.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**