Recipe & picture courtesy of Better Homes & Gardens
Start to Finish: 20 minutes
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 3 cups shredded cabbage or 1/2 of a 16-ounce bag shredded cabbage with carrot
- 1-1/2 cups jicama cut into strips
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 of a medium green, red, or yellow sweet pepper, cut into julienne strips (1/2 cup)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or salad oil
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- In a large mixing bowl combine cabbage, jicama, orange sections, sweet pepper, red onion, and cilantro. Cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine peanut oil or salad oil, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame seed (if desired), toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, and dry mustard. Cover and shake well. Chill up to 4 hours.
- To serve, shake dressing again; pour over salad. Toss lightly to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare dressing up to 4 hours ahead. Cover and store in refrigerator. Shake well before using.
**Personal Review: No Review Yet**